Here are today’s five things to know about Parfait
- Dark chocolate has more antioxidants than green tea and just as many as blueberries.
- White chocolate really isn’t chocolate. It’s made from cocoa butter, the substance you get by pressing cocoa beans. Cocoa butter is absent of the cocoa solids used to make chocolate.
- Chocolate was consumed by the ancient Aztecs as a frothy beverage, somewhat like hot chocolate we drink today.
- Chocolate comes from a plant, called Theobroma cacao, which translates “Food of the Gods”.
- Eating chocolate can also reduce the symptoms of stress.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1683 Supposedly, a patent for a system of extracting salt from sea water was granted in England.
- 1841 The first wagon train left Independence, Missouri for California.
- 1851 London’s Great Exhibition opened in Hyde Park. It was the first international exhibition ever to be held. The Exhibition…
View original post 119 more words